Thursday, August 5, 2010

Busy Busy

I've got quite a few additional appointments scheduled as we're just about a week out from the big day. Tomorrow I meet with a surgical nurse for a pre-op appointment. Then next week I've got genetic counseling and the nuclear medicine injection (now ordered for both sides instead of just the cancer side). I have two of my dearest friends joining me for the two latter meetings to help distract and entertain Channing.

I also have several fun appointments with friends! One great 'side effect' from this wild ride is that I'm getting some great time with friends. It's so easy to let life fly by without making time to see friends but it's become a real priority for me and for others it seems. Fantastic!

Today I'm making a trip to "Transitions" which is a boutique within St. Vs which offers books, clothing, wigs, etc. for those with breast cancer. I'm planning to get a tanktop/camisole which apparently has little pockets to hold drains. I'll be coming home from surgery with multiple drains on each side - they remain in place for about a week I hear. So you have to find a way to keep them close as to avoid pulling on them (eeeu!). It also closes in the front somehow so you don't have to pull it over your head to put on. Putting your arms up is not very comfortable post-surgery. This camisole item apparently helps with those things. We shall see! Fun stuff, eh.

Stay tuned for more later.

3 comments:

  1. With all the love that surrounds you, I know that you will be fine. Keep up the laughter! LOL

    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to read your update after you visit Transitions, I think there will be lots of fodder for your post! Great to see you and your family last night!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope all your appointments go ok and you find some helpful things at Transitions. I think of you every day and am sending you good energy.

    ReplyDelete